Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Story


I have known Nate since 1995. He served his mission in Mississippi and in my branch. I could not stand him. I thought he was a know-it-all. And he would say that his mind was on the work that he was there to do. Anyway, I moved to Utah after I graduated high school in 1996. Nate got off of his mission in around April or May of 1997.A mutual friend of mine and Nate's invited me to go to a U2 laser show. He told me that Nate was going to be there and I better be nice. That night I came home and told my roommate that I was going to marry him. Were engaged in July and married by October. Since, we have had 4 children, finished college, buried a grandfather,a grandmother, and a father,and bought a house. We do not have alot of money and honestly we have had a pretty hard time financially. Nathan and I have had hard times. I was a single parent for 8 years while Nate went to school. But through all of this, he is the man I love. I will love him forever. He does so much for our children and me. I cannot begin to explain my love for him. This October we will be married for 12 years and it has been the best 12 years of my life.

2 comments:

kjtroxel said...

Yeah! I found you :) No I can totally stalk your blog. I read through all of your new posts and all I can say is...I love you crazy Porters! Keep posting its a fun read.
And hey...comment on my blog you stalker :)

Ma Porter said...

I know I'm a little late in reading your blog but I was so touched, and in tears when I read about how you loved your husband, our son. We feel that he has chosen a very special yound woman to spend his life with and we are so grateful for you Shauna.