Monday, April 6, 2009

Body Image.

I just finished reading Dawn's blog and it has given me a light bulb moment(Oprah). How many times have I compared myself to others or thought I wasn't good enough? The answer to that is countless. I used to not be this way.I used to be a very confident person. When did I start to determine my self worth on how many miles I could run or how tight my jeans fit? I have been consumed with my body image. I have comitted to running the Wasatch Back because I didn't want my friend Marlene to think I was a wimp. Who am I kidding, I am. I hate to run. It is the most unenjoyable thing on the planet to me. But what do I find myself doing? I find myself buying running shoes and running on the treadmill for what seems like hours all because of image. I have committed to doing the race but when it is all said and done I will not do that again. I have to realize that I am fine the way that I am. I do want to be fit and healthy but I don't want it to consume me to the point where that is all I'm thinking about. I have stretch marks and cellulite!!! I say it loud and I say it proud!!!

3 comments:

kjtroxel said...

You're so honest...That's why I like you. You say what you think

Pamilya Catubay said...

go girl!

Ma Porter said...

HURRAY FOR YOU!!! Some women never figure that out and are never really happy. We love you just like you are, which is pretty fantastic.