Monday, March 9, 2009

TRAINING

I have never been very keen on exercise. Growing up, I was a cheerleader and in the band. Now when I say cheerleader, it's not the ones that turn flips and all of that crap. I did basic stuff like kicking my leg up and those gosh awful cheers. I maintained my weight until I got prego. In the south when girls get pregnant, they get really fat and they EAT for two. Here in Utah, that rarely is seen. All these girls here gain 25-30 lbs and when they leave the hospital they leave in their biggest size jeans...4. It makes me want to puke. I say give them a ding dong or a ho ho. Anyway I digress. I,being from the south, ate for two. And, when it was over I weighed the amount of 2. I thought in a couple of weeks it will fall off. Boy was I wrong. Finally after 4 kids, I got tired of looking the way I did. When I was younger, I was the hot one. I had to get that back. After I had Emma, I did The Firm. I was on a strict diet, and I mean strict. I exercised everyday and it began to come off slowly but surely. It took me 1 year. I was so proud of what I had accomplished. I did not want to go into my 30's overweight. After I lossed the weight, I kinda slacked a bit. Now thanks to my good friend Marlene, I am training for the Wasatch Back. 2 months ago I couldn't run 1 mile much less 5 and that is where I am now. I am at my 5 mile mark. I am very proud of myself and cannot wait to do the race. I am also doing P90X. If you don't know what that is, you should google it. It is intense but I am liking it. I will be in better shape than I was when I was "cheerleading". I hope this is what I look like in the Celestial kingdom and not the big fat lady.

3 comments:

Jette said...

Good for you. I have always wanted to be a runner. I can't make it around the block before I'm winded! Maybe after I have Penny things will be different. I'm so happy for you that you are getting 'fit', and I am so jealous!! Good Luck in your endeavors.

Anonymous said...

could you be any funnier? I too am trying to get the baby weight off and it is taking forever. I lost like .5 a week on a good week but I do feel stronger. So impressed with you.

kjtroxel said...

You're inspiring me...I worked out today! Having a little time on my hands help :)
You should be so proud of yourself!!!!